Wiring instructions from the social environment
A note for Lesson no. 3, "Little Brains Wire Themselves to Their World," in Lisa Feldman Barrett.
Some context from page 48 is:
A baby’s wiring instructions come not only from the physical environment but also from the social environment....
- Atzil, Shir, Wei Gao, Isaac Fradkin, and Lisa Feldman Barrett. 2018. "Growing a Social Brain." Nature Human Behavior 2 (9): 624–636.
- Barrett, Lisa Feldman. 2017. How Emotions are Made: The Secret Life of the Brain. New York: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- Bernier, Annie, Susan D. Calkins, and Martha Ann Bell. 2016. “Longitudinal Associations Between the Quality of Mother-Infant Interactions and Brain Development Across Infancy.” Child Development 87 (4): 1159–1174.
- Grossmann, Tobias. 2015. “The Development of Social Brain Functions in Infancy.” Psychological Bulletin 141 (6):1266–87
- Tottenham, Nim. 2018. "The Fundamental Role Of Early Environments To Developing an Emotionally Healthy Brain." Policy Insights from the Behavioral and Brain Sciences 5 (1): 98–103.